Tasked with building a shopping site for the 24/7 Strings venture, I had the freedom to choose whatever tools that was needed, given these requirements:
- Bulk import of products
The PHP and MySQL requirements are based on the resources available from the hosting provider. Since there will hundreds of products, I needed a way to load and reload products from a spreadsheet.
I have been using WordPress for many years as the platform for any web site. My options are to use either a dedicated shopping platform or a WordPress plugin that provided the shopping functionality. I am pleased to discover the WordPress plugin WooCommerce. The core WooCommerece plugin is free, while extensions and premium themes are paid. I was able to build the site using only free plugins and the free Storefront theme.
List of plugins used
- NC Grid List View for WooCommerce
- Search by SKU – for WooCommerce
- Title Toggle for Storefront Theme
- WooCommerce CSV Import
- WooCommerce PDF Invoices & Packing Slips
- WooCommerce Products Per Page
- WooCommerce Remove All Products
- Woo Preview Emails
- YITH WooCommerce Order Tracking
- YITH WooCommerce Wishlist